Install Silverlight using MDT
(Last updated on February 5, 2021)
Silverlight is a free Microsoft plug-in, powered by the .NET framework and compatible with multiple browsers, devices, and operating systems. While it is not a part of your native operating system, it contains a new degree of interactivity for the Web, making it a necessary component for interactive user experiences. Silverlight can be easily added to your images through MDT. Save the following three lines as a vbs script and add it as a task sequence in MDT.
Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") RunString = "%SCRIPTROOT%\Applications\Silverlight\install.exe /q" oShell.Run RunString,1,TRUE
Follow these steps to update your task sequence in MDT:
- Open the Deployment Workbench.
- Connect to your Deployment Share.
- Select Task Sequences.
- Select your image for Windows 8.1 that you would like to add Silverlight to.
- Right click on the image and select Properties.
- Select the Task Sequence tab.
- Select State Restore.
- Click on Add – General – Run Command Line.
- Type in the path to where your script is located.
- Use the arrows to move it to the order you want it run – after Install Roles and Features.
- Click OK.
If you are using Specops Deploy/OS remember to publish your Deployment Repository. A good strategy to follow is to add this to the task sequence of your original source files, so every capture image you create will automatically have it. With Silverlight being installed as part of your imaging solution, you will never have to see that pop up again asking you to install it on a web site.