How to setup a “Restart Computer” schedule command/task.
The instructions work for other commands as well. In step 2 just select another executable command.
- In Active Directory Users and Computers: right-click a computer account or an OU and select “Specops Gpupdate Professional…”
- Select “Restart Computer”
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Command actions” and select “Schedule command”
- Browse to a path for the script and name it suitablename.ps1 (no need to add any command lines to the file, Specops takes care of that)
- Browse to a path for the logfile and name it suitablename.log
- Click “Ok” and configure the Task, Schedule and Settings tabs
- Click “Ok” and you’re done
There might be a couple of minutes of delay until the computers restart. My suggestion is to first try this on one or a few test machines, so you know exactly how it works within your Environment.