Specops Password Auditor
Authentication and password security is more important than ever. Our free tool allows you to measure existing password policies against industry best practices and compliance standards.
Are Your Password Policies Strong Enough?
Specops Password Auditor displays multiple interactive reports containing user and password policy information. You can compare password settings in your organization with industry standards and best practices. The tool also identifies vulnerabilities, helping IT plan for lockouts/resets. Catch expiring/expired passwords and stale admin accounts before they become a liability.
Specops Password Auditor is a read-only program. It does not make any changes to your Active Directory. The tool reads the Default Domain and any Fine-Grained Password Policies. If you have Specops Password Policies installed, it will review these as well.
- Reviews and resources
- Related Products
Measure password policy strength
Drill down to the user level to see if the password policy enables strong passwords via a password relative strength test to see if passwords are strong enough to withstand brute force attacks.
Address password compliance requirements
See if your Active Directory password policies are meeting industry and compliance standards from Microsoft, NIST, PCI, and SANS.
Spot vulnerable admin accounts
Take an inventory of all admin accounts to see if they need to be removed. The tool also provides a view of stale/inactive admin accounts which pose a high security threat as an attack can go unnoticed.
Identify other password security gaps
Our Password Auditor scans your network and identifies accounts that:
- Don’t require passwords
- Don’t have complexity requirements
- Have expired passwords
- Have password expiration approaching so you can develop an action plan to curb password reset calls
- Measure existing password policies against industry and compliance recommendations, including Microsoft, NIST, PCI, and SANS
- Identify stale accounts using interactive features such as sliding timeline
- Identify and anticipate password expiration and the inevitable account unlock and password reset
- Spot accounts that do not require passwords and accounts that do not have password complexity
- Extract insights with exportable reports
- Use standalone tool or integrate with Specops Password Policy
3rd Party Product Review
Specops Password Auditor – Detect weak password policies on 4sysops.com
Timothy Warner, “For Windows systems administrators, Specops Password Auditor is a must-have utility. You can’t beat the price (free), and if the tool helps you spot just one previously unknown high-privilege account, then the tool has given your business tremendous value.”