Block weak passwords
Need a comprehensive list of vulnerable passwords to prevent dictionary attacks? Our password policy tool gives you many options. You can use a password dictionary, a file containing commonly used and/or compromised passwords, to prevent users from creating passwords susceptible to dictionary attacks. During a password change in Active Directory, the password check rejects any passwords found in the dictionary. With the Breached Password Protection add-on, you can even check against the latest leaked lists, including more than 2 billion leaked passwords.Read More
Create a custom dictionary containing potential passwords relevant to your organization, including company name, location, services, and relevant acronyms.
Create compliant password policies
Simplify passwords for users, and place the burden on authentication systems. It has never been easier to comply with regulatory password recommendations from NIST and NCSC. With compliance driven templates, and a reporting tool to ensure they match or exceed the standards of NIST, SANS, and PCI, Specops Password Policy makes compliance a breeze.Read More
Do you know how your existing password policies compare to best practices? For each password policy, you can drill down and see how the settings compare to various industry standards. Measuring your policies against industry recommendations can help safeguard your organization against common password-related attacks, including brute-force, rainbow table, and dictionary.
Target password entropy
Specops Password Policy enforces password length and complexity while blocking common character types at the beginning/end of passwords, as well as consecutively repeated characters. To help users create stronger passwords they can actually remember, the solution supports passphrases.Read More
Password attacks work because users are predictable. When asked to create a complex password, users follow familiar patterns. This means starting with a common word, followed by a number and/or special character. The length of the password is an effective defense. Passphrases, a combination of words that are meaningless together, are easier to remember and harder to crack.
Sound like a good fit?Get in Touch
- Custom dictionary lists to block words common to your organization
- Prevent the use of leaked passwords with Breached Password Protection which includes more than 2 billion leaked passwords
- Find and remove leaked passwords in your environment
- Informative end-user client messaging at failed password change that reduces calls to the helpdesk
- Real-time, dynamic feedback at password change with the Specops Authentication client
- Length-based password expiration with customizable email notifications
- Block user names, display names, specific words, consecutive characters, incremental passwords, and reusing a part of the current password
- Granular, GPO-driven targeting for any GPO level, computer, user, or group population
- Passphrase support
- Over 25 languages supported including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese
- Use Regular Expressions to further customize requirements
Easy and Intuitive to Use
Try it for FREE, today!
Please fill in your information to start your free trial. All fields are mandatory.