The Release Notes provide a summary of new features and changes since the last release. The Release Notes can help you evaluate whether an upgrade is necessary.
- The “Windows Update” (Update-SpecopsWsus) command could fail on Windows 10.
- It was not possible to start executables containing “$”-character in the path with the “Run Executable” (Invoke-SpecopsCommand) or “Run Executable Remotely” (Invoke-SpecopsRemoteCommand) commands.
Released January 13, 2021 | 2.2.21013.1
- Made licensing requirements consistent for the Update-SpecopsGroupPolicy cmdlet.
Released March 04, 2020 | 2.2.20063.1
- When starting GPUpdate, a message “Must create DependencySource on same Thread as the DependencyObject” could occur.
Released August 8, 2017 | 2.2.17214.2
Version 2.1 Maintenance Release 2
- Windows update support for Windows 10.
Released May 24, 2016 | 2.1.60524.2
Current Release: Version 2.1 Maintenance Release 1
- Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2 out-of-the-box support.
- Added support for single label domains.
- When an administrator upgraded to the latest version of GPUpdate, they would receive a message in the console stating that a new version was available.
Released December 10, 2013
- Specops Remote Admin has been renamed to Specops GPUpdate Professional.
- New Specops theme: The new Specops theme has been applied to the administration tools.
- Confirmation page for multiple computers: When a pinned command is executed that applies to more than one computer, the execute wizard shown indicates the number of computer affected and an extra click is required to start the actual command.
Released May 10, 2010
- Pinned commands with a dash or colon as an argument value caused the command parser to fail.
- Pinned commands: Escaping of single and double quotes and backticks in the command parser was incorrect. Primarily effected SendMessage.
- WakeOnLan sometimes failed when targeting computers on different subnets.
- WakeOnLan failed for Specific IP Addresses (when the highest bit of an IPAddress in network order was set).
- New version detection did not work without a valid license in AD.
- The registry path to disable the check for new versions of Specops Remote Admin contained a redundant Specopssoft level. The updated registry key is now HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpecopsSoft\Specops Adx\DisableAutoInternetAccess.