Creating a Specops Authentication Gatekeeper Administration Server
This guide is intended to walk through a scenario in which you would like to create a Gatekeeper Admin Server.
Start by going to one of the 2 links below depending on your region:
https://login.specopssoft.com/Authentication/Admin for North America
If this is your first time setting up a gatekeeper in your environment, you will need to log in with your cloud account which will be email@example.com. Please contact support if you need assistance with creating this account.
If you already have a gatekeeper and you want to set up an additional gatekeeper, you can log in with one of the local domain accounts that is part of the “Specops Authentication Administrators” group.
1. Once logged into the admin portal, go to the Gatekeepers Tab and click New:
2. When asked: Are you sure you want to add a new Gatekeeper to your organization? Select Add New:
3. You will be brought to a new page to Download and install the Gatekeeper (Note: This must be done within 24 hours or you will need to add the new Gatekeeper again.) Please also make note to copy the activation code as this will be needed to complete the installation. If you close out of this by accident without copying the code, you will need to go back to Step 2.
4. Refer to https://specopssoft.com/support/en/ureset-8/installation.htm and begin at Install the Administration Tools. Remember to use a Group Managed Service Account (gMSA) instead of a regular msa. At the end of the process, you will be prompted for your activation Code. Once entered click activate and click Finish.
If you are looking to replace an existing Gatekeeper, follow the next steps. If you are simply creating a new one, please end here.
Replacing existing Gatekeeper
5. Once that is done you will log back into the Admin Portal and click on the Gatekeeper you wish to remove and select unregister:
6. You would then remove the Specops Authentication Gatekeeper and the Specops Authentication Gatekeeper administration applications from the Add/Remove Programs or Apps & features.