Specops Inventory consists of the following components and does not require any additional servers or resources in your environment:
- Inventory Server: Manages feedback from the client computers and the database.
- Administrative Tools: Specops Inventory Administrative Tool is used to configure what information the Specops Inventory Group Policy Client Side Extension should collect and send to the Specops Inventory server.
- Specops Inventory Reporting Scheduler Service: Sends license expiration and license compliance reports to configured subscribers.
- Specops Inventory Client Side extension: Collects and sends inventory information to the Specops Inventory Server.
- Specops Reporting: Specops Reporting is a separate product that can be used in combination with Specops Inventory. You can use Specops Reporting to view and create detailed inventory reports.