End-of-life NoticeSpecops Self Service Portal end-of-life is set for 15th June 2022. From that date forward, no services of any kind will be available for this product. If you have any questions, please contact Support.
The Release Notes provide a summary of new features and changes since the last release. The Release Notes can help you evaluate whether an upgrade is necessary.
- Added new cmdlet that removes approved applications when a computer is decommissioned.
- Added new cmdlet for removing all requests for a user/computer.
- Informative event log message is displayed if a GPUpdate to a client computer fails.
- When an administrator created a new application, the Description text field expanded horizontally to fit the text.
- When an administrator created a number of applications, that surpassed the page size, the page number in the bottom right pane did not update immediately.
- When an administrator exported a report, the non-ASCII characters were missing in the CSV file.
Released March 26, 2014
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Added application metadata for improved search capabilities.
- Display of UI columns can be controlled through registry settings.
- GPUpdate command works for both uses and computers when a requested application is approved.
- UI now shows pending application requests to the users in connection with the computer they were requested for.
- Applications with no licenses left are now displayed in the UI, but cannot be requested.
- Improved capability for end user messages.
- Added link to end user messages displayed when requesting an application.
- Improved administration for users with multiple computers.
Fixed a bug which required Specops Deploy settings to be in the same
GPO as the Self
Service Portal settings to complete a configuration.
Fixed a bug where multiple users requesting the same application to the same computer
would cause problems.
Export to file from a report now respects the report filtering.
Released September 19, 2013