End-of-life NoticeSpecops Self Service Portal has reached end-of-life. Therefore, no services of any kind will be available for this product. If you have any questions, please contact Support.
The Release Notes provide a summary of new features and changes since the last release. The Release Notes can help you evaluate whether an upgrade is necessary.
- Added new cmdlet that removes approved applications when a computer is decommissioned.
- Added new cmdlet for removing all requests for a user/computer.
- Informative event log message is displayed if a GPUpdate to a client computer fails.
- When an administrator created a new application, the Description text field expanded horizontally to fit the text.
- When an administrator created a number of applications, that surpassed the page size, the page number in the bottom right pane did not update immediately.
- When an administrator exported a report, the non-ASCII characters were missing in the CSV file.
Released March 26, 2014
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Added application metadata for improved search capabilities.
- Display of UI columns can be controlled through registry settings.
- GPUpdate command works for both uses and computers when a requested application is approved.
- UI now shows pending application requests to the users in connection with the computer they were requested for.
- Applications with no licenses left are now displayed in the UI, but cannot be requested.
- Improved capability for end user messages.
- Added link to end user messages displayed when requesting an application.
- Improved administration for users with multiple computers.
Fixed a bug which required Specops Deploy settings to be in the same
GPO as the Self
Service Portal settings to complete a configuration.
Fixed a bug where multiple users requesting the same application to the same computer
would cause problems.
Export to file from a report now respects the report filtering.
Released September 19, 2013