You can copy Specops Deploy/App settings from one GPO to another using the Migration Tool. Deployments, packages, and target will be overwritten in the destination GPO if they have the same unique ID. This will be the case if they have been previously copied from the same source GPO.
To proceed with this task, you must have:
- Write permission in the destination GPO.
- Access to the source and destination GPO from the same environment.
- Open the Specops Deploy Migration Tool.
- Click Copy Configuration from one GPO to another.
- From the Domain drop-down, select the domain that contains the source Group Policy.
- From the Group Policy Object drop-down, select the GPO with the settings you want to move.
You will be given the option to selected what is included from the
- Include all deployment settings from the GPO: Select this option if you want to include all of the GPO content. If any issues are detected, such as missing setup files, it will be included on the following page.
- Select which deployments, packages, etc to include: Select this option if you want to only include part of the GPO content. You will be asked to specify which deployments, packages, and targets to include in the proceeding pages of the wizard.
- Include the setup files: Select this option if you want to move or copy the setup files (MSI files) from their current network shares to a new location. This may be necessary if copying/moving from one domain to another. Do not select this option if the same source files, from the same network shares, are to be used from the destination GPO.
Select which deployments, packages, etc to include
is selected, you will need to complete the below steps. Otherwise,
skip to step 7.
- Select the deployments you want to include.
- Select the package you want to include. Selected deployments from the previous page will have their corresponding package selected and cannot be changed.
- Select the targets you want to include. Selected deployments from the previous page will have their corresponding targets selected and cannot be changed.
- From the Domain drop-down, select the domain that contains the destination GPO.
- From the Group Policy Object drop-down, select the GPO you want to import the settings into. A GPO that already contains Specops Deploy settings (marked with the Specops icon) can be selected, along with those that do not. You will need to have permission to update the selected GPO.
A list containing all root paths of the packages being imported will
be displayed. You may need to take the appropriate action, if:
- The settings are copied or moved from one domain to another: You may need to update the root paths where the setup files are located.
- The import includes the setup files and you do not have write permissions to the new share: you will need to supply a corresponding path where you have write permissions.
- The share path is, for example \\Server1\Software: You may be able to use \\server1\c$\Software as a corresponding writable path.
- Click Next.
- Verify that the required data for the import has been collected, and click Next.
- A message will appear. You will be required to click Yes to continue the import.
- Click Finish.