Pre-requisites: you must have administrator privileges for your PingID account.
- Log in to the Specops Authentication web: https://login.specopssoft.com/authentication/admin
- Select Identity Services in the left sidebar navigation, then select PingID.
- Select Enable, then in the pop-up click Enable again. This will make the service available for use in Specops services.
- Log into the PingID admin pages.
- In the PingID admin pages, go to the Setup menu, then select the PingID tab, and then click on the CLIENT INTEGRATION section.
- In the section marked "Integrate with PingFederate and other clients", generate a properties file by clicking the Generate button if none exists or if you want to use a separate properties file for your integration with Specops. If you want to use an existing properties file, proceed to the next step.
- Download the properties file by clicking the Download button.
- Return to Specops Authentication Web
and configure the settings for PingID
- Click on the Select configuration file field and navigate to where you saved the properties file.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Import to populate all value fields.
- Open the properties file in an editor.
- Copy the value for org_alias into the Organization Alias field.
- Copy the value for use_base64_key into the Base64 key field.
- Copy the value for token into the Token field.
- Click Test connection. If the connection was successful, a message saying Connection test successful will appear.
- Select your desired setting for Auto-enroll users in Specops Authentication. Setting it to yes will automatically enroll all users.
- If the user attribute for the PingID usernamen in Active Directory is not userPrincipalName, enter the attribute in the final field.
- Click Save.