The following settings can be configured from the Gatekeeper tab.
Upgrade Gatekeeper Admin Tool
For more information on upgrading to the latest version of Specops Authentication, click here.
The certificates for both the Gatekeeper Client and the Gatekeeper BAckend Authentication can be accessed by clicking on the View link.
Change proxy settings
If your organization is using a forward proxy server to route internet traffic externally, you will need to configure the proxy server to allow the Gatekeeper to reach the internet. Click Edit on the Proxy row and specify the address as a complete URL, including the protocol and any custom port.
If you have multiple Gatekeepers, you can switch between them:
- Click Change on the top left.
- In the Select Gatekeeper window, highlight the Gatekeeper you want to switch to.
- Click OK.
In the top right of this tab there is a box with general commands. These include the following:
- Refresh: refreshes the information in the tab.
- Check for new admin tool version: checks if the admin tool needs to be updated.
- Migrate from SPR: opens the migration wizard for migrating Specops Password Reset data.
- Clear caches on all Gatekeepers: clears all caches on the Gatekeepers.
Managing offline Gatekeepers
In order to correctly resolve all available Gatekeepers, any offline (unused) Gatekeepers need to be disposed of correctly. The recommended way to do this is via the Gatekeeper Admin Tool.
Unregistering Gatekeepers (recommended)
- In the Gatekeeper Admin Tool, make sure you have accessed the Gatekeeper you want to unregister (for information on changing to other Gatekeepers, see the Change Gatekeeper section above.
- Click Unregister in the top right of the Gatekeeper Installation field.
- Confirm that you want to unregister this Gatekeeper by clicking Yes in the Unregister Gatekeeper window.
Manually removing gatekeepers
If, for any reason, the offline (unused) Gatekeeper was not unregistered using the abovementioned method (e.g. because the server it was installed on is no longer present for some reason), additional manual steps need to be taken.
- Remove the Gatekeeper from the cloud
- Access Authentication Web and click on Gatekeepers.
- Highlight the Gatekeeper you want to unregister in the list.
- Click Unregister GatekeeperThis unregister process is not the same as the one performed by the Gatekeeper Admin Tool. The unregister process initiated from the Gatekeeper Admin Tool will perform all necessary steps to dispose of the unused Gatekeeper, and does not require any manual steps.
- In the confirmation window, click Unregister.
- Remove the Service Connection Point (SCP) from Active Directory.
- On the server where the Gatekeeper is installed, open the Active Directory Users and Computers tool.
- Make sure that Advanced Features is turned on (top menu View > Advanced Features).
- Navigate to System > Specops > SpecopsAuthentication > Gatekeepers.
- Right-click on the correct Gatekeeper and select Delete.