The Release Notes provide a summary of new features and changes since the last release. The Release Notes can help you evaluate whether an upgrade is necessary.
Current release: 8.20.21104.1
- Added support for YubiKey as an identity service.
- Added support for showing rules/phrases in order as configured in Specops Password Policy (Only for users affected by Specops Password Policy).
- Improved error message during if user with ‘must not change password’ set in Active Directory attempts to reset/change their password.
- Enrolling with the Duo identity service could result in an error message.
- Improved user feedback when Duo has been configured to bypass two-factor authentication.
- Improved user feedback when a user has inactive/disabled/locked devices for Symantec VIP.
Released April 27, 2021
- Improved user experience for the Symantec VIP identity service.
- Added support for ‘quick verification’ to Symantec VIP from service desk.
- Added option to configure custom verification URL for service desk
- Improved usability when entering phone number for the Mobile Code identity service, in particular for Internet Explorer users.
- Active Directory domain name with underscore (‘_’) was not fully supported.
- Integrated Windows Authentication could fail from Edge.
Released March 09, 2021
- Certain top level domain names, (e.g. .at/.ac) were not supported when signing up or adding new domain names.
- ‘Required’ flag on questions when configuring the Q&A id service was not always saved.
Released February 15, 2021
- Domain verification is now enabled by default for new installations.
Released January 13, 2021
- Okta Verify: To prevent API tokens from going stale if not used for 30 days, these will now be refreshed by Specops Authentication after 20 days.
- Added support for traditional Chinese as a user interface language.
- Added support for PingID as an identity service.
- Changing/Resetting password could fail for users with short sAMAccountName (1 or 2 characters).
- Gatekeeper: Changed event id 239, for rejected password resets, to informational level instead of warning.
- From Internet Explorer, some identity services could fail unexpectedly due to too many redirects.
- Secure Service Desk: Added device selection for Duo identity service.
- Secure Service Desk: Loading user could fail if mobile attribute override was set to displayName or other commonly used attribute.
- Added domain name to unenrolled users report.
Released November 17, 2020
- Gatekeeper: Added additional eventlogging around user counting.
- After unlocking account and getting signed out, customizations were not shown.
Released November 04, 2020
- Gatekeeper: password resets could be handled incorrectly for users affected by password policy containing minimum password age setting, depending on time zone.
- Changing user interface language in Secure Service Desk did not always work.
- After a user had unlocked their account, if locked out from Active Directory, the user was able to unlock again without having to re-authenticate.
Released October 23, 2020
- Duo identity service now supports Auth API. This gives a better and more integrated user experience. Existing Duo configuration must be upgraded to bring this to end users.
- Quick verification has been enabled in Secure Service Desk for the Duo identity service. This requires configuring the Duo identity service to use Auth API.
Released September 30, 2020
- After authenticating with Fingerprint app on iOS, the Fingerprint app could fail to return to the originating browser.
- Authentication with Windows Identity could get stuck with a spinning wheel, never completing.
- Better indication if a user account in Active Directory has a malformed userPrincipalName.
- Users whose password had expired in Active Directory, could sometimes not change the password without doing a reset.
- User counting could be misleading in cases with multiple Active Directory domains.
- PowerShell modules were not signed.
Released September 08, 2020
- Fixed an issue where notifications for insufficient enrollment sometimes took longer to send or failed.
Released July 29, 2020
- Fixed an issue where displaying the text messages report took you to an error page.
Released July 21, 2020
- Added new cmdlet Clear-SAGatekeeperCache to clear Gatekeeper cache, to conform with what already is supported from admin tools.
- Added lockout settings for Mobile Code, Email and Personal Email identity services.
- Added notifications on admin web pages to indicate if there is a new Gatekeeper version available.
- Length of identity verification session is now configurable and displayed to Service Desk agent.
- Added configurable MFA policy for password change.
- Added option to customize name of Windows Identity id service.
- Added Service Desk setting for enforcing user to change password at next logon after reset, either mandatory or selected by Service Desk agent.
- Browser’s password manager could unexpectedly try to save password.
- Certain firewalls could drop connections while processing requests from browser to Specops Authentication.
- Improved usability of customization UI with display name instead of identifiers.
- Made cmdlets install with Admin tools instead of the Gatekeeper.
- Enterprise admins are now granted permissions to users’ sub-object. This does not apply to already existing sub-objects.
Released July 21, 2020
- First release of Secure Service Desk as a standalone product.