Reference Material | Domain Verification
Domain Verification provides a way for administrators to designate domains used in the account as verified to ensure an extra level of security, and to limit spam mails.
If any domains associated with the account are unverified, a warning message will be shown at the top of pages in Authentication Web to alert administrators that certain features will be disabled for users. Users will still be able to use Specops Authentication products (uReset, Secure Service Desk, Key Recovery), but will not receive any email notifications from unverified domains.
Verifying a domain
- Access Authentication Web and go to Account. In the Domain names tab you will see a list of all domain names associated with this account. For every domain the verified status will be indicated (x mark for unverified domains, and checkmark for verified domains).
- Click Verify next to the domain you want to verify.
- In the following page you will get a verification code. Copy this code by clicking the Copy to clipboard button.
- Update your domain’s DNS records
- Log in to the service where your domain is hosted.
- Navigate to the DNS page and find the domain name you want to verify (depending on your hosting service, this page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, Control Panel, or Advanced Settings).
- Select the option to add a new record.
- For the record responseType, select TXT.
- If necessary, enter the domain name in the appropriate field (depending on your hosting service, this may be pre-populated).
- In the Time to Live (TTL) field, enter 86400 or leave the default.
- In the Value/Answer/Destination field, paste the verification code you copied.
- Save the record.
- Go back to Authentication Web and click Verify.
Editing a domain
Note: If a domain is edited, the verification will automatically be revoked.
- Access Authentication Web and go to Account. In the Domain names tab you will see a list of all domain names associated with this account.
- Click Edit next to the domain you want to edit.
- Edit the domain as desired, then click Save.
Revoking verification from a domain
If, for any reason, a previously verified domain needs to be revoked, please contact Specops Support.