Administration | Offline Scans
Specops Password Auditor provides the possibility to run audits without internet access. If you need to run Specops Password Auditor on a computer without an internet connection (an offline computer), you will need to download the Breached Password Protection files to another computer or removable media first.
Using local files
- Start Specops Password Auditor on a computer with internet access.
- Choose a folder for the Breached Password Protection files and start the scan.
- Once the scan is completed, access the folder you selected in step 2, and copy the Breached Password Protection files to the offline computer or removable media.
- Start Specops Password Auditor on the offline computer.
- On the Breached Password Protection page, click the Browse button next to the Local folder field and browse to the folder containing the Breached Password Protection files. Click Select Folder. The Use local files option will automatically be selected.
- Click Start Scanning.
Advanced offline options
The procedure for offline scans can be improved by running the scan from the command line and supplying the following parameters:
offline parameter will prevent Specops Password Auditor from checking the Breached Password Protection files online. This means that the error message mentioned in step 4 above will not appear. The
breachDirectory parameter points the application to the Breached Password Protection files you want to use.
Command line example:
"C:\Program Files\Specopssoft\Specops Password Policy\Spa\Spa.Presentation.exe" --offline --breachDirectory "F:\BreachedPasswords"