Reference Material | Create a Deployment Server
You will need to create a Deployment Server which the clients will connect to during operating system installations. You can create a Deployment Server using the Specops Deploy / OS admin tool.
- Open the Specops Deploy / OS admin tool.
- In the navigation pane, expand Servers, and click Install new Deployment Servers.
- Enter the name of the server you want to configure as a Deployment Server, or click the browse button to find the server in Active Directory, and click Next.
Note: If the Image Server and Deployment Server are installed in the parent domain, and a GPO is configured in the sub domain, you will need to configure the deployment server explicitly in the GPO.
- Click Next. The Specops Deploy / OS admin tool will verify that the target server meets requirements.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete.