Reference Material | Add operating system deployment settings to a Group Policy Object
The operating system image and settings that apply to a computer during installation are determine by the Group Policy Object in Active Directory. You will need to create a Group Policy Object with Specops Deploy / OS settings.
The GPMC snap-in, installed with the Administration Tools, allows you to create and manage Specops Password Policy settings from the Group Policy Management Console. The settings are stored as a part of the Group Policy Object allowing you to control how and where the policy applies.
- In the GPMC, expand your domain node, and locate the GPO node.
- Right-click on the GPO node, and select New.
- Enter a name for the Group Policy Object, and click OK.
- Right click on the new GPO node, and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor expand Computer Configuration, Policies, Software Settings, and click Specops Deploy / OS.
- Click Edit Policy….
- Select the Operating System
- Find your OS image from the appropriate drop-down box, and click Save.
Link the GPO to the appropriate OU.