Reference Material | Symantec VIP
Configuring Symantec VIP with Specops Authentication for uReset will extend Symantec VIP’s authentication system to uReset users.
Configure and enable Symantec VIP with uReset
Pre-requisites: The Administrator role is required in Symantec VIP.
- Login to the Specops Authentication Web: https://login.specopssoft.com/authentication/admin
- From the Policies menu, enable Symantec VIP in the desired authentication policy.
- Click Identity Services from the top menu.
- Select Symantec VIP.
- Download the metadata file from the presented URL.
- Launch Symantec VIP manager, and sign in to the service.
- From the Policies menu, select VIP Login.
- In the Organization Service Provider Settings, click Browse, and import the metadata file.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Specops Authentication web. Select the attribute where the Symantec VIP user ID is stored. If Symantec VIP is enabled in the policy, all affected users will be enrolled with Symantec VIP on Specops Authentication for uReset. Enrollment with Symantec VIP is required before it can be used with Specops Authentication for uReset.
If the user does not exist in Symantec VIP, the user will be created on the first authentication attempt. To secure newly created accounts, it is best practice to enable a second authentication factor for first-time access to the Symantec VIP self-service portal.
- Log in to Symantec VIP Manager.
- Go to Policies.
- In the Components section, click Edit.
- Select Yes next to Require second-factor authentication for first-time access.
- Change the authentication method as you see fit.
- Click Save.