The below content will guide users through the enrollment and password reset process.
Enrolling with uReset
When a uReset Policy is enabled, and the Specops Client is installed, a link to the enrollment page is presented to the user from the system tray notification balloon tip. When the user follows the notification link, the enrollment process is started.
The enrollment process will vary depending on the identity services configured for the user. To get started, the user must confirm their username and password, and select an identity service from the list. To complete the enrollment, the user will need to collect enough stars to fill the star bar by selecting and providing the appropriate information for each identity service. Each identity service is marked with how many stars they are worth.¨
- The mobile verification code, generated from the Mobile Code identity service, is valid for 5 minutes.
- You can modify your enrollment at a later time from https://login.specopssoft.com.
Reset your password with uReset
Follow the Reset Password link in the Windows Logon screen to authenticate yourself using the identity services in your enrollment. Select one identity service at a time and perform the corresponding authentication. You will be authenticated when the star bar is full. Once you have identified yourself, you will be prompted to enter a new password.
As you enter your new password, you will automatically see if you are meeting the complexity requirements of the password. The complexity requirements will each contain one of the four colors:
- Green indicates that the complexity requirement has been met
- Red indicates that the complexity requirement has not been met
- Grey indicates that the complexity is an optional requirement.
- Yellow indicates that the complexity requirement is a server side requirement and can only be verified once the password has been submitted
Submit the password once you have fulfilled the complexity requirements.
To reset your password across any browser or with a mobile device or tablet, visit: https://login.specopssoft.com/Authentication/Password/Reset
The following mobile applications can be used to authenticate your identity during a password reset.
Specops / Google / Microsoft Authenticator
To enroll with any of the authenticator apps (Specops, Google, and Microsoft), you will need to first download these applications on your mobile device. These are free from the Apple, Google, and Windows app stores.
Once downloaded, select the identity service(s) from the Enrollment page. Click Continue.
From the authenticator application, scan the QR code that appears on the Enrollment page. Once the QR code has been scanned, the authenticator app will generate a temporary passcode. Enter the passcode on the Enrollment page, and click Verify.
To enroll with Specops Fingerprint, you will need to download the application on your mobile device.
Once downloaded, select the identity service from the Enrollment page, and select Specops Fingerprint. Click Continue.
Register your account from the Enrollment page, by scanning the QR code on the Enrollment page, with the Fingerprint Authenticator app. You will be prompted to provide your fingerprint. Depending on the device being used, you will be asked to either place or swipe your finger on the sensor.
The Specops Fingerprint application is supported on iOS devices with Touch ID fingerprint recognition, and Android 6.0 or newer operating systems.
Note: The full requirements of the Fingerprint Authentication app on an Android device are:
- Android 6.0, API level 23: Older devices will not see the Fingerprint app from Google Play.
- Android API compatible Fingerprint: Most devices with Fingerprint hardware and Android 6 are compatible. Some exceptions are the Samsung Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S5. The aforementioned have a Samsung specific API that the Specops Fingerprint app does not support. Non-compatible devices can still install the Specops Fingerprint app, but a runtime error message will be displayed indicating the lack of hardware support.
To enroll with Mobile Code, select Mobile Code from the Enrollment page.
Enter your mobile number making sure to put in the correct country code by using the dropdown. Click Send Code. Enter the verification code that you received on your mobile device in the designated field, and click Verify Code.