Migrating the uReset Gatekeeper
To migrate the uReset Gatekeeper to a new server you will need to complete the below steps.
- From the Specops uReset web application, select Settings, and click on the Gatekeeper tab.
- Download the latest version of the Gatekeeper.
Verify that the Gatekeeper Installation Account is correct, and reset
the Gatekeeper Installation Password.
Remember the new password as you will need it to install your new Gatekeeper server.
- Log on to the new server, and run the Gatekeeper setup exe downloaded in the previous step.
- Install and Start the Administration Tools.
- From the uReset Gatekeeper tab, click Change in the top right corner.
- Enable Connect to local computer, and click OK.
- Click Install Gatekeeper.
- Enter the installation password set earlier, and click Next.
- The Gatekeeper installation will automatically create a new Managed Service Account in Active Directory. If you prefer, you can enter credentials for a service account that you have created. Specops recommends using a Managed Service Account here. Click Next to continue.
- Enter proxy details if required, and click Next.
- Verify that the scope configuration is correct, and click Next.
- Verify the uReset Active Directory group names, and click Finish.
- Once the installation is complete, verify that the admin tools on the new server show that the Gatekeeper is connected to uReset.
- Return to the uReset Admin Tools on the old server. Click Unregister in the top right corner of the Gatekeeper Installation section.
- Confirm, and click Yes to uninstall the Gatekeeper.
- Refresh the Gatekeeper setup on the uReset Web Settings page. You should see only the new Gatekeeper server listed and connected.