Reference Material | Migrating the uReset Gatekeeper
To migrate the uReset Gatekeeper to a new server you will need to complete the below steps.
- From the Specops uReset web application, select Settings, and click on the Gatekeeper tab.
- Download the latest version of the Gatekeeper.
- Verify that the Gatekeeper Installation Account is correct, and reset the Gatekeeper Installation Password.
Note: Remember the new password as you will need it to install your new Gatekeeper server.
- Log on to the new server, and run the Gatekeeper setup exe downloaded in the previous step.
- Install and Start the Administration Tools.
- From the uReset Gatekeeper tab, click Change in the top right corner.
- Enable Connect to local computer, and click OK.
- Click Install Gatekeeper.
- Enter the installation password set earlier, and click Next.
- The Gatekeeper installation will automatically create a new Managed Service Account in Active Directory. If you prefer, you can enter credentials for a service account that you have created. Specops recommends using a Managed Service Account here. Click Next to continue.
- Enter proxy details if required, and click Next.
- Verify that the scope configuration is correct, and click Next.
- Verify the uReset Active Directory group names, and click Finish.
- Once the installation is complete, verify that the admin tools on the new server show that the Gatekeeper is connected to uReset.
- Return to the uReset Admin Tools on the old server. Click Unregister in the top right corner of the Gatekeeper Installation section.
- Confirm, and click Yes to uninstall the Gatekeeper.
- Refresh the Gatekeeper setup on the uReset Web Settings page. You should see only the new Gatekeeper server listed and connected.