Does your passion for technology, and development inspire your peers and encourage them to excel at their job? Do you want to be part of an elite engineering organization in a fast-growing global software company? If so, you may be the right person for our Technical Writer role in our Stockholm office.
As a Technical Writer you will work with our technical documentation efforts, both external customer facing documentation and our internal technical documentation, together with our software development teams in our Stockholm and Toronto offices. The teams, while autonomous, work in close conjunction with a global team of developers, quality assurance testers, DevOps engineers, and product services.
You will work from the Specops office, located in Stockholm, in an agile continuous delivery environment. You will deliver product documentation for our Specops Cloud offerings, and on-premises products, as well as work with our internal technical documentation.
Develop and design materials to ensure the effective use of Specops Software products. Combine strong communication skills and multimedia knowledge to deliver a variety of materials that cover a broad spectrum of user needs, for example, administration guides, user materials, operational guides, and online help.
- Explain technically complex concepts in clear, concise English.
- Design, create, and maintain various materials including administration materials, online help, and texts in English for our products in relevant formats.
- Develop and maintain contact with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organization to deliver efficient, accurate deliverables.
- Participate in design and peer reviews of documentation.
- Acquire and maintain expertise in tools required to produce our materials, as well as set up and roll out tools for document management, i.e., Madcap products.
- Act as a user advocate in an effort to deliver materials that enhance the user experience.
- Follow all internal standards, processes, and templates to ensure consistency and quality of our deliverables.
- Publishing document deliverables to specific channels, i.e., environments, repositories, etc.
- Ensure use of writing is compliant for single-sourcing of our materials.
- Knowledge and understanding of publishing with variables and conditions.
- Investigating document deliverables for releases and making recommendations on needs of specific documents for product releases.
- Handling multiple teams and products.
- Overlooking document deliverables and design for continued improvements.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related Technical Writing field.
Minimum 8 years’ technical writing experience, preferably a few years in an agile development setting.
Experience using technical documentation authoring tools, such as Madcap Flare.
If you are interested in this position, email your application to: careers(AT)specopssoft(DOT)com