Specops is a leading provider of password management and authentication solutions and helps 1200 client-organizations in more than 50 countries. Current customers include Fortune 500 companies, the US military and IT service providers. Security auditors recommend Specops’ solutions.
Specops is a small company with a big focus on innovation. With a great team of forward-thinking, driven, and spirited people, they are on the fast track to new horizons.
The company is in the midst of a security revolution caused by digitalization and the move to the cloud. As companies put their data into the cloud – protecting that data and knowing who has access become paramount concerns.
Specops Software’s headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden with subsidiaries in UK, US and Canada. They have 38 employees and is entering an aggressive growth phase. Annual contract value is increasing by more than 25% annually, currently at ~70 MSEK. The largest market is the US, followed by the UK. Together they make up for more than 70% of revenue.
- Drive the business controlling and act as a strategic business partner within the organization to help drive continued growth.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and preparation of monthly reporting to the management and board.
- Report to the CEO and actively participate in the management team, work with and drive the business plan and strategic direction.
- Be responsible for accurate accounting and reporting of the company including securing right and timely VAT and tax reporting.
- Provide financial leadership and day-to-day financial management. Including oversight of business office operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, general ledger etc.
- Managerial responsibility for the finance team, currently 2 employees and two consultants, within Specops’ four legal entities in Sweden, UK, US and Canada.
- Be overall responsible for month and year-end closing processes and quality. Coordinate year-end audits with the finance team.
- Be responsible for the development of business-oriented processes, reports, business cases and KPIs for financial management within the organization.
- Participate and be one of the drivers in M&A situations with special focus on financials’ etc.
- Lead corporate governance initiatives in collaboration with management team. This could potentially, but not necessarily, mean overall leadership and responsibility in Human Resources and legal matters.
Desired skills and experience
- Extensive experience and excellent track-record in the role as CFO or similar experience, preferable in a software or tech company
- Strong value-based leadership style and proven experience as successful and appreciated leader
- Analytical with great business sense
- Business savvy and experience from organizations with technology-sales and business development
- Great understanding and interest in software products International experience preferable from North America
- M&A experience is a plus
- HR/LEGAL experience is a plus
- Fully fluent in English and Swedish, verbal and written
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Integrity and strong ethics
We only accept applications through Monterro.